CONNECTING YOUTH. TRANSFORMING LIVES.
Employment Opportunity Program Manager for The Elevation Project
Youth Unlimited (YU) in Greater Vancouver is a faith-based, grass-roots, pioneering organization that offers connection and transformation fostering mental, physical, social, spiritual and emotional well-being among young people in our community. The Elevation Project (elevationproject.ca), is Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited partnership with Rwanda Youth for Christ.
As Program Manager, you would be working 35 hours a week, based out of our Central Office in Surrey, and responsible for managing in all parts of The Elevation Project. Specific responsibilities include assisting in the development and operationalizing of strategic plans and guiding principles, maintaining clear relationships and communications with partners both in Rwanda and North America, traveling to Rwanda to lead teams and monitor partnership activities, and high-level involvement in maintaining the financial stewardship and partner development of the program.
This job might be for you if you:
- Are a world-changer
- Are passionate about international development
- Enjoy taking leadership of people and projects
- Are able to take initiative and work in a team environment, as well
- Are comfortable with raising funds and financial stewardship
- Are trust-worthy, savvy and professional
- Are comfortable communicating with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Are passionate about seeing youth transformed by cross-cultural experiences
- Have an understanding of, and appreciation for, Christian culture
- A post-secondary degree (or equivalent experience) related to international development
- Good communication skills, particularly in writing and in partner/donor presentations
- Project design and marketing experience
- Microsoft Office applications experience—specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite –– specifically InDesign and Photoshop
- Good planning, organizing and prioritizing skills and can coordinate shifting workloads and activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, sound judgment, integrity, reliability, and are a team player
- A teachable spirit and willingness to learn and collaborate with others
Extra awesome if you’ve got:
- Social media skills and experience
- Finance database experience
- Knowledge of CRA requirements for charities working internationally
Please send a cover letter, resume and a short statement outlining your philosophy of Christian international development to Dean Klassen via email, snail mail or drop them off in person by March 10, 2017: email@example.com; #115-12975 84th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3W 1B3.
Posted on November 25, 2016