Job Title Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Reports to Director of Marketing and Communications
Application Deadline Sunday, May 6, 2018 @11:59PM
Location Surrey, with some flexibility to work virtually
Youth Unlimited (YU)in Greater Vancouver is a faith-based, grass-roots, pioneering organization, catalyzed by innovative outreach workers passionate about reaching kids on the margins. You would be a key member of the newly-formed marketing team that is taking YU to the next level of visibility and communication. We are dedicated to building tools and designing systems that improve the marketing and fundraising of our charity so our incredible youth workers can be appropriately resourced to reach out and support kids who are falling through the cracks.
As a team, we are responsible for the marketing, advertising, social media and public relations campaigns and activities both internal and external. The responsibility will not be on your shoulders, but you will participate in activities related to some, if not all, the areas.
This job might be for you if:
- You’re a story-teller. You are curious about the “why’s” and “how’s” in peoples’ stories and enjoy pulling it all together in writing.
- You love the idea that daily management of social media accounts are part of your job.
- You want to grow in your exposure and contributions to non-profit marketing
- You’re trust-worthy and savvy. You get we are looking out for the best interest of our kids and don’t perform any activities that would jeopardize that.
- You love being part of a team but thrive on your own as well.
- You like to find out what’s going on in the world—a chance to research is welcomed.
- You like having a role in event planning.
- You pay attention to detail.
- You can self-manage, handle a lot of varied tasks, and prioritize and organize yourself.
- You may or may not consider yourself a creative, but you enjoy some office administration tasks to help the team thrive (about 20% of your time)
- You are passionate about seeing youth who’d previously been handed a difficult set of circumstances, flourish.
- You like to connect to people to inform, inspire and learn from.
- You have an understanding of, and appreciation for, Christian culture, and the opportunity to liaise and partner with a wide-range of groups from churches to businesses to other non-profits, gets you excited.
- Mad story-writing skills
- A positive attitude
- Microsoft Office applications experience—specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Outlook
- Social media management experience—specifically Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Sweet planning, organizing and prioritizing skills and can coordinate shifting workloads and activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, sound judgment, integrity, reliability and are a team player
- A teachable spirit and willingness to learn
- Access to a vehicle
Extra awesome if you’ve got:
- A post-secondary degree – specifically communications, journalism, English or political science
- Social media management software experience
- Digital marketing experience
- Photography, videography or video editing proficiency
- Web and/or graphic design proficiency
- Any web/coding knowledge
- Marketing/finance database experience
About Youth Unlimited
Youth Unlimited has been helping young people discover their potential since 1944. Operating in nine cities across Greater Vancouver, YU provides caring relationships and developmental opportunities for vulnerable youth through relevant programs and individual connections, aimed at fostering mental, physical, social, spiritual and emotional well-being among young people in the community. Formerly called Youth For Christ, Youth Unlimited is a Christian organization and cares for all youth regardless of faith, race, gender or any other trait. www.youthunlimited.com
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your coverletter and resume to Dean Klassen by Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 11:59PM: dean@youthunlimited.
Head office address: #115-12975 84th Avenue, Surrey, BC
Posted on April 13, 2018